Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Cheapy Mc Cheapster aka me


So we drove around last night looking for something fun to do along the Cuyahoga in Downtown Cleveland - the sun was gorgeous off the water and the view of the bridges blocking the sun was breathtaking. So we found a ginormous parking lot and decided to stop & meander around. Enter Mr. Parking attendant dude - "Yo - that'll be ten dollars." Psssssshhhhhh... you're kidding, right? We were in the -not gonna pay for diddily kinda mood- especially just to look at the lake - I'm pretty sure looking at big ol' Lake Erie is always free buddy
{insert light bulb hovering over our heads}
(in my best sweet little girl voice) "Oh, we were just looking to turn around dear, kind, sir, (ok, maybe I didn't say that last sir part but I was definetly batting my lashes) 
And this driveway was huge - I clearly meant to drive into the lot and could have done a couple donuts before entering the parking lot - there was NO way I just wanted to turn around... however:
My lashes or dumb look on my face convinced Mr. fine-public-servant-parking-attendant guy. 
"Oh, of course lovely young lady - you may pass through without a fee" (ok, maybe it wasn't that lavish, but you get the idea)
* Cha-ching! *
And we parked - almost immediately, snickered for a good half hour and enjoyed a lovely impromptu reggae concert on the water (maybe that's why you had to pay for parking, oppsie)

 Blue Scarf gifted from Sister-in-law
White Jacket from Elite Repeats $14 
Black Gap T shirt - $20 
Old Navy Jeans - $25

See what I mean? It was too beautiful to miss out on! And everybody loves reggae!

No comments:

Post a Comment